Dear Christian Voter,
"Test all things; hold fast that which is good."
- 1 Thessalonians 5:21
Americans, in general, respect the line that separates the state and church. But the state of our nation's affairs are in such dire disarray that in 2012 we all have to act together and put in the White House someone who will bring about a "sudden and relentless reform" in our government.
Jesus, in His Sermon on the Mount, warned us of false prophets who are wolves in sheep's clothings (Matthew 7:15). "As a tree is known by its fruits, so is a man known by his acts. And the false teachers will unmask themselves by their deeds." *
Indeed, we have a president who promised us Hope and Change but instead brought us division and uncertainty, whose political manueverings contribute to lost jobs, lost homes and financial hardships to average Americans, who is quietly circumventing our Constitution and his responsibilities to pander to his political base and reward his political donors.
It is election season again when politicians say everything that the voters want to hear and give us promises that, they either have no way of delivering or will deliver half-heartedly, or just have no intention of fulfilling.
We have a frustratingly weak and deeply flawed field of GOP presidential candidates to challenge President Obama and none of them is breaking out decisively ahead of the pack nor earning the complete trust of the voters. It is understandable why most Republicans struggle to commit to one particular candidate. There is the greatest possibility that the eventual winner of the primary elections would not be able to garner 50% of the delegates , which could lead to a brokered convention, paving the way for a drafted candidate whose name is not even on the ballot - Sarah Palin.
Last October, Sarah Palin announced that she would not be seeking the GOP nomination in 2012 for the Presidency but vowed to keep fighting the fight to restore a government that is truly representative of We the People. Indeed, great leaders do not seek power nor a title to make a difference. They are CALLED to serve. General Dwight Eisenhower repeatedly said no to demands for him run for President but the "I like Ike" draft movement marched on. In 1952, he went on to become our 34th President.
Please write in Sarah Palin.
It is time for Americans to elect a President who will not give false hope and empty promises but puts in front of voters a whole slate of her actual accomplishments as a councilwoman, a mayor and governor:
- prudent budgets that eliminated waste and unnecessary earmarks by using her veto power
- a tax system that is fair both to private sector and the taxpayers
- forward-funded education and increased funding for education of special needs students
- reformed the public employees pension system to make it solvent
- first-hand experience in balancing the need to development energy resources to secure energy independence and protecting the environment
- exposed and fought corruption in her state that actually landed the offenders jail times
- smart and prudent economic and fiscal policies that led to a Triple A Moody's credit rating upgrade because of Alaska's $14billion in reserves - enough to cover almost three years of operating expenses. (In contrast, the current Democratic Senate has not produced a budget since April 29, 2009 – and not a single reprimand from President Obama.)
If elected president , she has the track record that assures us that she will serve all Americans with a “servant’s heart.”
Equally important, she will protect the unborn, not with empty slogans but with clarity in her mind. When faced with the reality that she will bear a child with Down's syndrome (who will be challenged in most aspects of his life as he grows up), she accepted her fate in sincere faith that "God only wants the best for us."
We are the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. We either go down together or we lift each other up.
On January 3rd, 2012, you have the power to bring back Morning in America. Please urge your membership to vote for Sarah Palin whose words match her deeds and has the record to prove it.
PLEASE WRITE IN SARAH PALIN.
God Bless America,
Your Fellow American
Your Fellow American
Author: Nancy Labonete
* The Greatest Story Ever Told, by Fulton Oursler, 1975 ed., p. 174
(Note: This post is a slight variation of "An Open Letter to GOP Voters".