HELLO! If this is your first time here, please click on Welcome to Praying 4 Common Sense . Please join me as we try to make sense of where politics and political correctness are leading our country while drawing reason and reminders from the Good Book, our faiths, common sense values and principles that make America the world's beacon of hope!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Sarah Palin Not Running for President in 2012

                       "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the
                        LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
                        plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11


In Madison, Wisconsin with her pronouncement, "Mr. President, Game on!", Sarah Palin put down the marker that she intended to challenge Barack Obama in 2012.  In Indianola, Iowa, she laid out her five-point plan on how to revive our bankrupt economy. Her interviews, writings and speeches were heavy on details. Supporters were simply waiting for her to officially throw her hat in the ring but  her proposals and positions on issues, her vision and the direction to where she would take the country were already all laid out in the open...

The much-awaited announcement came in October 5, but it wasn't the light that would ignite the absolute fire in the bellies of her supporters ready to go blaze the campaign trail for and with her. She wasn't running for the presidency in 2012.

My blog has always been supportive of the former Alaska governor. Without a doubt, this was a sad news that was hard to take. The very first reason she gave in her SarahPAC statement read, "As always, my family comes first ...". Politicians always use the same personal reason for not running for election/reelection - the family.

But truth be told, when I heard her say that her family came first, I SINCERELY believed her. As sad and disappointed as I was, I respected her decision.

As widely covered as she was by the media, people do not really know, and perhaps will never know, half of what she and her family have gone through the past three years with all the lies and ridiculous stories spread about her. She said that she and her husband have put great consideration into family life when she made her final decision. That was good enough for me. She did not need to apologize.

Tonight, as in the night when the leftwing media and blogosphere threw at her baseless, hideous accusations about the Tucson tragedy and put the blame squarely on her shoulders, I found myself at the same place, in the same position: in my bedroom and on my knees, hands clasped together in prayer.

I was on my knees again praying to God, for her and her family's health and safety. I again recalled Deuteronomy 33:25 in my prayer: "... As thy day, so shall thy strength be." Criticisms would abound as she passed up 2012. I prayed to God that whatever her day throws at her, to keep her faith unshakeable, to make her body healthier, her character stronger and her mind and focus, clearer than ever.

Lastly, I thanked God for introducing Gov. Palin to America, who provided us the vision and, through her record of accomplishments in Alaska, for showing us the possibilities of what America could achieve with the right kind of leadership. She restored hope for our country and for the American Dream.

Gov. Palin is a woman of faith and I know God and prayers are central to her decision-making process. She would have been a very formidable candidate and would have made a great president. But she decided the way she did. Amidst all the hyperpartisanships, corruption and mud-slinging in Washington, I believe with all my heart that America's best days are yet to come. We cannot read God's plans for us but right things happen at the right time, at the right place, for the right reasons because GOD ONLY WANTS THE BEST FOR US.

No comments:

Post a Comment